AICPA members receive an additional $30 off the registration fee for this course.
Discount made at the time of checkout. Qualifying members should have received a promo code via email – if you are unsure whether you qualify, or you lost/never received your code, please call the LCPA Member Service Center at 504.464.1040 or 800.288.5272.
Make sure your clients are protecting themselves from the onslaught of higher taxes. Get the latest techniques for building and conserving wealth through proactive tax-planning and investment strategies. Completely updated for tax law changes, this course will bring you up-to-date on the latest strategies which will keep more money in the hands of your clients and make you look like a hero!
When you complete this course you will be able to:
• Increase client wealth by focusing on tax-saving opportunities not considered in the past.
• Implement tax-planning moves in light of new and recent tax developments.
• Protect your client from tax pitfalls.
• Anticipate possible tax legislation and position your clients for financial success.
• Impact of Supreme Court’s rejections of Defense of Marriage Act
• New 0.9% and 3.8% Medicare taxes
• Mutual fund tax strategies
• All about Roth IRAs - including strategies for self-employeds and estate planners
• The 100% gain exclusion for qualified small business stock
• Personal residence transactions - including short sales and foreclosures
• Reverse mortgages can save taxes on greatly appreciated residences
• Converting personal residences into rentals: tax implications
• Tax-saving ideas for self-employed clients - including ways to reduce SE and FICA taxes, strategies for husband-wife businesses, depreciation breaks and lots more
• Tax angles for vacation homes, timeshares, and co-ownership arrangements
• Divorcing clients - tax angles are critically important
• State-of-the-art tax planning for college expenses
• Employer stock options: tax planning moves
Requisite Knowledge: Basic knowledge of individual income taxation
Speaker: L. Martin Miller
Field of Study: Taxation
CPE Credits: 8
Early Bird (through 10/20)
Standard (after 10/20)