What common frauds occur in governments and not-for-profits and how could they have been avoided? Through an informative case study approach, this course illustrates common frauds that make headlines and damage the reputations of government and not-for-profit organizations.
8:30 AM until 4:30 PM
LCPA Training Center
2400 Veterans Memorial Blvd
Kenner, Louisiana 70062
Online registration is closed.
« Go to Upcoming Event List
AICPA members receive an additional $30 off the registration fee for this course.
Discount made at the time of checkout. Qualifying members should have received a promo code via email – if you are unsure whether you qualify, or you lost/never received your code, please call the LCPA Member Service Center at 504.464.1040 or 800.288.5272.
What common frauds occur in governments and not-for-profits and how could they have been avoided* Through an informative case study approach, this course illustrates common frauds that make headlines and damage the reputations of government and not-for-profit organizations.
Designed for: Auditors and financial staff of governmental and not-for-profit organizations
- Examine how interim fraudulent reporting may impact planned reliance on internal controls and any related audit procedures.
- Examine how personnel policies and procedures can be circumvented and lead to possible fraud or abuse.
- Consider potential ways to follow up on noted indications of fraud, abuse, and weaknesses in internal control.
- Explain how management override of internal controls can lead to possible fraud.
- Describe how bribes and kickbacks may occur.
- State how donated assets and capital assets in general might be misappropriated.
- Interim financial reporting
- Misappropriation of benefits
- Personnel fraud
- Grant expense allocations
- Misappropriation of assets
- Management override
- Bribes and kickbacks
- Fictitious employees
- Pledges and contributions
- Donated assets
Requisite Knowledge: Knowledge of government and not-for-profit sectors
Speaker: Lynda Dennis
Field of Study: Government & Nonprofit
CPE Credits: 8
Note: Qualifies for Yellow Book
Early Bird (through 12/4)
Standard (after 12/4)