||Full understanding of intermediate to advanced PivotTables
The Member rate applies to LCPA members, other state society members, and non-CPA staff of LCPA members. To register online, use the ‘Register’ button above. To register by phone, call the LCPA Member Service Center at 800.288.5272 or 504.464.1040, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.
Texas CPAs: Our Texas State Board of Public Accountancy Sponsor number is #010423.
Course Description - New Course for 2018!
Leave those manual reporting processes behind and move into the new world of automatically linking data into Excel for analyzing, reporting, and preparing visualizations. Using tools such as Power Query and Power Pivot, you can leverage your existing knowledge of PivotTables to do even more when it comes to summarizing, analyzing, and reporting potentially very large volumes of data.
In this program, you’ll learn how to use automated data queries to link data from external databases into Excel and then transform this data into Data Models. From there, you’ll learn how to use Power Pivot and CUBE formulas to streamline the process of summarizing and reporting this data. You’ll also learn how to take advantage of advanced features such as Data Analysis Expressions, Key Performance Indicators, Hierarchies, and Dimensions to streamline your reporting processes. Further, you’ll learn how to create compelling visualizations of this summarized data to help your readers understand the true meaning behind the numbers.
If you currently use PivotTables on a regular basis and want to take advantage of the powerful advanced reporting features available in Excel, then sign up today for this program.
Note: This program is taught at an advanced level; other, more fundamental coverage of PivotTables is offered in K2’s Excel PivotTables for Accountants seminar. Many of the concepts taught in this course depend on access to Power Pivot, Power Query, and Power View, available only in the Windows-based premium editions of Excel 2013 and Excel 2016.
- Construct and manage links from external data sources into Excel for the automatic acquisition of data
- Define, build, and manage Data Models and build PivotTables from these objects
- Create PivotTables using Power Pivot, including PivotTables that summarize data from multiple data sources
- Use Data Analysis Expressions and other tools to add calculations to PivotTables
- Add features such as Key Performance Indicators, Dimensions, and Hierarchies to Power Pivot-based PivotTables
- Create compelling visualizations of the data in your Power Pivot-based PivotTables using PivotCharts and Power View
- Creating links from external data sources – such as accounting and ERP systems – into Excel
- Working with Excel’s Data Model feature
- Using Power Pivot to create summaries of data linked into Excel
- Creating summarizations of Data Models using CUBE formulas
- Transforming data summaries into interactive, compelling visualizations using PivotCharts and Power View
Business professionals using the Windows-based premium editions of Excel 2013 and Excel 2016 who are seeking to extend their knowledge of Excel as a reporting tool