*The member rate applies to LCPA members, other state CPA society members, and non-CPA staff of LCPA members. To register online, use the ‘Register’ button above. To register by phone, call the LCPA Member Service Center at 800.288.5272 or 504.464.1040, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.
Protect yourself and your clients from identity theft, which includes the theft of personal and professional identities. No one is immune from this rising tide of criminal misconduct and as your clients seek your advice, you will be required to perform due diligence in protecting their IDs. Some will even be tasked with investigating the crime.
This webcast addresses the needs of each. As the instances of identity theft and data breaches continue, people are clamoring for ways to detect identity theft, protect themselves from becoming a victim, and investigating instances of theft when they strike. Don’t allow you or your client to become the next victim!
- Identify the various means used to commit identity theft and how thieves obtain the information necessary to commit these crimes.
- Recognize how to protect personal and professional identities from identity theft.
- Identify how to investigate a case of identity theft, and the steps involved in such investigation.
- Recall keys to success when teaching clients how to implement policies and procedures to protect their identities.
- Identity theft statistics
- Types of identity theft
- Obtaining the victim’s information
- Tools used in identity theft investigations
- Finding identifying information on the Internet
- Investigating identity theft
- Detecting and preventing identity theft
Note: Login instructions will be provided by the webcast vendor (AICPA).