This section is designed to share resources and help answer questions relative to the Deepwater Horizon (or BP – British Petroleum) Oil Spill. Included are alerts, frequently asked questions (FAQs), forms, links and more.
Deepwater Horizon Claims Helpline Now Available (12/20/2012)
The Deepwater Horizon Claims Center understands the need to provide Settlement Agreement education and guidance to accounting professionals and damage experts engaged in assisting claimants in the measurement of damages caused by the BP oil spill. To meet this need, a helpline is now available through the DHCC Practitioners Helpline's toll-free number at 888.815.0127.
By contacting the Practitioners Helpline, you will be able to leave a voicemail message outlining your questions concerning compensation framework protocols, causation eligibility, and documentation requirements, whether specific to a client or in general. Within 24 to 48 hours after leaving a message, a representative of the DHCC Accounting Review Group will respond to the inquiry.
Some of the areas supported by the Practitioners Helpline:
• General questions regarding compensation calculation, accounting policy clarification, documentation requirements;
• Submission of financial documentation in response to an Incompleteness Notice;
• Education on framework requirements and procedure as outlined in the Deepwater Horizon Economic and Property Damages Settlement Agreement;
• Accounting-related matters affecting claim calculation, e.g. treatment of revenues and expenses, issues surrounding cash versus accrual-based recordkeeping;
• Request for additional financial documentation not specifically mentioned in the Settlement Agreement.
When leaving a message, please provide the following:
1. Your complete name
2. The name of the firm you represent
3. Your primary telephone number, and, if available, a secondary number
4. The best time to reach you
5. Your questions, with as many details as possible.
You can also email the Practitioners Helpline at DHECChelpline@pncpa.com.
Issue Brief – Deepwater Horizon Economic and Property Damages Settlement Agreement: Reimbursement of Accounting Fees
This issue brief is designed to update you on the Deepwater Horizon Economic and Property Damages Settlement Agreement (Settlement Agreement) and its possible effect on the reimbursement of accounting fees.
Deepwater Horizon Claims Center (DHCC) Alerts
The official court-authorized website that includes important alerts, resources and forms. NOTE: There are several "unauthorized" websites that look very similar. Be sure to bookmark this link for reference.
Deepwater Horizon Economic and Property Damages Settlement Agreement (as amended on May 2, 2012)
The agreement made and entered into by and among defendants BP Exploration & Production Inc. and BP America Production Company, by and through their attorneys, and plaintiffs.
Proposed FAQs for Claimant Accounting Support Reimbursement
Frequently asked questions regarding who is eligible for reimbursement of accounting expenses, what qualifies, and the maximum limits.
Settlement Agreement Sections Regarding Accounting Support Reimbursement (22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199)
Sections of the Settlement Agreement which address Accounting Support reimbursement: limits regarding who and what types of qualifying services necessary to complete the claim form or prepare documentation.
Sworn Written Statement for Claimant Accounting Support Form
Complete this form based on the information you were requested to prepare and submit on behalf of the claimant
Reimbursement of Accounting Fees in the Deepwater Horizon Settlement Claims